Omnet++ Veins is an open source framework utilized in running vehicular network simulations.It is based on two well-established simulators: OMNeT++, an event-based network simulator, and SUMO, a road traffic simulator.Main advantage of Omnet++ veins is that it can include LTE Framework model for cellular networking and can help to simulate multiple block simulation using single work station.
Features of VEINS:
- It can simulate city block level simulations in real time on a single workstation.
- Relies on trusted vehicular mobility model and implementation done by transportation and traffic science community
- Supplies data sources for a wide range of metrics, including travel time and emissions
- Can include models for cellular networking. Say for example LTE.
- Allows for online re-configuration and re-routing of vehicles in reaction to network packets etc.
Architecture of veins:
Sample output video of OMNET++ Veins
Sample code for Omnet++ Veins Projects.
This is the sample code of how to make a vehicle aware of slow traffic on a road called Second Street, potentially causing it to change its route to avoid this road.
mobility = TraCIMobilityAccess().get(getParentModule());
traci = mobility->getCommandInterface();
traciVehicle = mobility->getVehicleCommandInterface();
traciVehicle->changeRoute("Second Street", 3600);