Omnet++ Wireless Mesh sensor Networks simulation projects has details of wireless mesh network and also how to define WMN using omnet++.
- WMNs – can be seen as an extension of multi-hop Ad-Hoc networks; each node can communicate directly or indirectly with one or more peer nodes.
- Wireless mesh networks extend the connectivity area of mobile devices beyond the limited range of a single access point.
Characteristics of wireless mesh network:
- Increases the coverage area and link robustness of existing Wi-Fi’s.
- Do not require centralized access points to mediate the wireless connection
- Numerous deployment already exist, to deliver wireless services for a large variety of applications in personal, local, campus and metropolitan areas
- Mobile or fixed nodes
Types of nodes in WMN:
- Mesh clients
- Mesh routers
Research challenges on WNS:
- Capacity and coverage
- Resource management
- Architectures and protocol layers
- Scheduling, multi-channel and multi-radio
- MIMO, directional and smart antennas systems
- Qos capabilities etc
Architecture of WMNS: