OMNET Wireless Mesh sensor Networks Projects has also details of wireless mesh network and also how to define WMN using omnet++.
- WMNs – can be seen as also an extension of multi-hop Ad-Hoc networks; each node can also communicate directly or indirectly with one or more peer nodes.
- Wireless mesh networks extend the connectivity area of mobile devices beyond also the limited range of a single access point.
Characteristics of wireless mesh network:
- Increases the coverage area and also link robustness of existing Wi-Fi’s.
- Do not require centralized access points to mediate also the wireless connection
- Numerous deployment already exist, to deliver wireless services also for a large variety of applications in personal, local, campus and also metropolitan areas
- Mobile or fixed nodes
Types of nodes in WMN:
- Mesh clients
Research challenges on WNS:
- Capacity and also coverage
- Resource management
- Architectures and also protocol layers
- Scheduling, multi-channel and also multi-radio
- MIMO, directional and also smart antennas systems
- Qos capabilities etc