Software-Defined Networking (SDN) facilitates the system to function independently and centrally in heterogeneous networks. In recent days, it slowly makes the network community move in the direction of SDN for innovative network models and results.
On this page, the scholar can grasp the recent information on SDN application and research SDN Project Topics ideas!!!
What is software-defined networking (SDN)?
SDN is a networking technique to manage resources, regulate traffic, and connect hardware infrastructure. For that, it utilizes specially designed APIs or programmed controllers to improve network operations.
How does software-defined networking (SDN) work?
- In today’s application, everything is involved with the internet. So, SDN concept can be employed in any of the research areas. In specific, cloud-oriented environment surely uses SDN and it does not perform without SDN.
- There exist various kinds of models, when the centralized program controls the data flow in routers and switches (routers in other networking).
- Also, it lets the network admin shape the whole network infrastructure using a software program. Here, the program/protocol controls the activities of both physical and virtual switches. As a result, it overcomes the traditional method of the device-by-device approach.
Our resource team has come crossed numerous so 250+ OMNET++ SDN projects. So, we are strong enough to support you in every stage of your research. For your benefit, here, we have listed out some attention-seeking SDN Project Topics.
Research Area in SDN Project Topics
- Learning based Traffic Classification and Monitoring
- QoE-Centric Service Management
- Advance Resource Control and Reservation
- Adaptive Flow Rule and Controller Placement
- QoS Aware Multimedia Content Flow Routing
- Software Defined Buffer or Queue Management
- Efficient Dynamic SDN Offloading Strategy
- End-to-End Inter Domain QoS Routing
- And significantly more
To be sure, we help you to understand the real-time working process of SDN. Also, we let you know the real testbeds, a use case that influences future research and experiments.For example, the load balancing concept is explaining here!!!
In SDN, the controller has an inclusive viewpoint of end-to-end network connectivity. At this time, the demand for efficient load balancing is growing day-to-day. For your clarification, we have given the benefits that make us to look-forward towards load balancing.
- Greater Fault Tolerance
- Maximize Reliability
- Higher Scalability
- Very much Flexible
- Larger Accessibility
- Minimize Delay
In the case of SDN, the load balancer decouples the control of the forwarding plane. Hence, it concurrently controls more number of devices with a global view to earn optimized load balancing.
What is load balancing in SDN?
SDN Load balancing is the best solution to achieve quicker sensing/receiving of requests. It has the special feature of separating controllers from switches for responsiveness. Also, it enriches the network diagnosis and control by eliminating the protocol in hardware phase services.
In a conventional system, the load balancing relies on the instruction of the algorithm but in SDN, the controller makes the decisions to control the load. As a result, it improves the application services by having whole control over web servers and networks. To support you, we have an infinite number of SDN Project Topics offloading concepts. And, few of them are pointed out below,
Research Ideas in SDN Load Balancing
- Multi-Controllers based Indexing
- Hybrid SDN Controllers Clustering Strategies
- Adaptive Flow Rule Placement and Update
- Secure Blockchain Technology based Authentication Handover
- Discovering of Switches based Network Topology
- Switch / Flow based Dynamic Computational Offloading
- Queuing Theory and Models for Traffic Load balancing
- Huge-Scale Traffic Differentiation and Routing
For illustrative purposes, here we are going to mention “traffic classification”. It is considered to be one of the best methods to overcome the unstable load balance. In this, the input traffic is classified into different forms based on certain constraints. And, they are protocol, packet size, type of service request, and packet deadline. Similarly, other techniques also have their own functionalities to do their service of offloading.
Load balancing using SDN has more advantages than other conventional techniques.That is to say, it replaces the existing network with the future network by enabling the following features.
What are the benefits of SDN load balancing?
- Network Construction without single Hardware or Software Vendor
- Minimum Time and Cost for Network Deployment
- System Automation
- Adaptive Network Formation
- Greater Consistency
- Higher Scalability
In modern society, most commercial enterprises deployed cloud infrastructure to manage their data. So, it is essential to maintain the resource effectively. Eventually, it also increases the use of SDN-based load balancers for fast resource distribution.
Progressively, it makes the SDN turn out to be a key player in advancing the “networking” despite challenges. So, it acts as a place of technological convergence in different aspects. Such factors influence the evolution of cloud services/application in the enterprise. And also, it addresses the SD-datacentres and converged infrastructures (process/store/network).
Further, if you want to know add-on SDN Project Topics in all other respects/areas then contact our team. We let you know more interesting findings and future directions of SDN.