This page is all about networking projects for final year students. Networking is a set of multiple devices that are coupled together through the communication link. This connection is formed based on these three ways: Wireless Radio / Electromagnetic Waves, Direct Physical Cable / Wire, and Data Transport over Physical Media.
“Final year students can get more knowledge in networking through this page.”
Applications of Networking
- Low-latency and Ultra-reliable 5G / 6G Communication
- Automated Self-Driving Vehicular Services
- Smart Mobile Banking Applications
- Energy-Aware Connected City in mMTC Network
- Smart Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management in IIoT
Though a wireless communication network connects millions of devices, it has several technical real-time deployment issues. It uses an open environment to share data between different nodes. Some of the common issues are lack of security, collision, low bandwidth, obstacles that block signals (large object shadow), refraction/reflection, delay, signal attenuation, network link failure/breakdown, network packet loss, path loss, and more.
How to choose the best networking projects final year students?
The selection of the best research idea is one of the main tasks in research since one should be more aware of the latest research trends and demands before handpicking networking dissertation topics. Our experts have already collected innovative research notions from recent research areas of the networking field. An innovative networking project comes from the place of creative minds.
If you combine your skills with creative minds, the result of the research will undoubtedly be a masterpiece. If you are looking for that kind of creativeness, then you can find the best solution.
Our research and development teams have come across an innumerable number of Networking Projects for final year students. Further, if you are interested, we are ready to share the boundless research resources/materials for your projects.
We will guide you to use appropriate research resources like reputed online journals related to your projects. For more information, you can approach us at your convenient time. Below, we have given you some key points that you want to consider during topic selection.
- Narrowing down the interesting area
- Collect and investigate the novel ideas
- Evaluate the idea by different parameters
- Confirm the interesting project idea
What is networking, and how it works?
As mentioned earlier, a group of components like routers, systems, switches, access points, servers, etc., are connected together to form the computer networks. The connections are made either through cables or wireless signals to share data/resources among themselves. In addition, it also includes communication protocols that have a set of instructions to be followed in the Network during data transmissions.
For a network, any number of protocols can be included. Depends on these protocols only, one can establish the communication among connected components. And, the networks can be differentiated through their communication technologies, protocols, nodes, and network structure. Below, we have given you the shortcomings of the Network, which we have to concentrate on to protect the network data.
What are the limitations of network?
- Vulnerabilities– In recent times, the Network includes the feature of remotely accessing the computers for availing data/resources through the internet. Further, it also increases the threat of vulnerabilities in the Network. If an attacker detects any vulnerable system, they enter into the Network through that point and do malicious activities.
- Complex structure – For business-oriented networks, it requires more knowledge and practice in large-scale handling networks. Moreover, the devices configurations are also somewhat complex in real environs.
- Malware and Virus– Usually, networks openly transfer sensitive information among users. Sometimes, it has a high probability of interfering with malware/viruses in the data transmission. Then, it gradually starts affecting other connected systems in the Network.
In order to make you aware of current research on networking, we have listed top-demanding four research areas. Our resource team is presently ongoing research on the following areas to develop unique networking projects for final year students. Further, we also motivate our handholding scholars/students to bring their own notions.
Top 4 Research Areas in Networking Projects for Final Year
- Data Collection
- Energy-Aware Data Crowdsensing in Mobile Computing
- Efficient Data Sensing from WSN Sensors
- Advance Sensing Techniques for Data Collection
- Data Transmission
- Spectrum Sensing and Resource Sharing
- Advance Power Management
- Spatial-Temporal Resource Assignment
- Co-operative Resource Distribution
- Time-assisted Workload Scheduling
- Data Processing
- Mobile-oriented Cloud Computation
- Data Centre Networks
- Data Storage
- Mobile-based Caching
- Decentralized Storage System
In addition, we have shared evolving technologies of the networking field. These advanced technologies have increasing demand in the research community since all these technologies are growing fast in the direction of next-generation wireless networking. Our resources team is ready to support you in other enabling technologies also.
Latest Technologies Integrated on Networking
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- mmWave, Massive MIMO and Quantum Communication
- Mobile-Edge Computing and Big Data Analytics
- Cell-free and Terahertz Communication
- Blockchain Security in 3D Networks
- OWs and FSO backhaul / fronthaul
- Hybrid holographic beamforming and Proactive caching
- UAV and Backscatter Communication
- Smart reflective surface and energy transmission
- Network Slicing and Spectrum Sensing
For your easiness, we have highlighted the latest research network dissertation ideas from the above-specified research areas. Furthermore, scholars are looking forward to low-power consumption and high data-rate and quality applications despite the research areas
Research Ideas for Networking Projects
- Design of Expandable Network Framework for Smart Environments
- Device Addressing and Mobility Control
- Scalability-Aware Pervasive Sensing in Smart Environs
- Enhancement of QoS and QoE in scalable Network
- V2X based Smart Autonomous Vehicular Communication
- Mobile-Edge based Network Slicing and Virtualization
- Collaboration of Cloud Services in Smart Cities Network
- Secure Multi-Sourced Data Warehousing for Smart Cities
- Development of Energy-Aware Scalable V2VApplications in Green-IoT
- Mobile-Edge based Big Distributed Data Analytics in Internet of Things
- Location-Aware Storage and Computation for Mobile-Edge System
- Challenges of Wireless Network Security, Trust and Privacy
- Smart Spectrum Sharing and Sensing in Cognitive Radio Network
- Employment of Edge-to-cloud protocols for Network Modelling
- Mobile Crowdsourcing and Crowdsensing in Mobile Computing
- Cellular Networks enabled Fog-Edge Computing for Mobile Communication
- Real-time Stream Processing and Information Broadcasting from Data Sources
For any networking application, Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) are very important factors to measure the performance of the networking models. Here, we have given you the different ways of measuring and improving QoS and QoE parameters.
How to measure QoS and QoE in networks?
- Intended to improve the service and experience quality more than the current ‘media visualization.’ For instance: interactive responses
- In general, quality is measured through the quality of media visualization. For instance: Video-MOS and Speech-MOS
- In RAN, QoS, and KPIs metrics are not dependent on radio technology. However, the thresholds values can be altered to have reliable service in better performance.
- Further, QoS and KPIs metrics are similar to the 4G network parameters, which are independent of radios
- Utilizes the present QoS and KPIs metrics and theories such as failure rate, access duration, etc.
- QoE is referred to as the measure of experience gained by users. Considers a user’s expectation. QoS is related to the network offering services which are balanced with technical measurements. For instance: Live Video Broadcasting and Web Information Surfing
- Though QoE is independent of radio access, it is looking forward to high performance, so that it often modifies the QoE parameters
- In QoE models, the parameters can be realtered to create new services that meet users’ expectations. For instance: Real-time VR / AR, Gaming, 4K Video streaming, and more.
- New QoE, QoS, and KPIs metrics need quality by means of 4K / 360° video, continuous connection, response times, and more
For illustrative purposes, here we have taken real-time video streaming as an example. In this, we have listed a few important features that will influence video transmission performance in terms of the user’s QoE.
What are the core factors influenced QoE in video transmission?
- Edge Device
- Access Time
- Pixel Quality of Video
- Manual Intervention Factors
- QoS Parameters
- Type of Video Information
- Environmental Changes
- Home Network Features
- Network Impairments
These influence elements are addressed as network impairments which are needed to verify in all network models. Since it occurs in the data transmission because of the IP-network nature, the elements that affect video quality are jitter (delay variation), data loss, transmission latency, path loss, etc. So, the video transmission process requires proper solutions to overcome this problem.
We need some autonomous mechanisms for further research, such as video encoder-decoder, traffic emulators, data visualization packages, intermediate infrastructure, signal converters, online network simulator, platform-based script languages, and others.
For instance: In the distorted video database, the original video is virtualized into distorted video. Then, the compute video parameters to assess the video. Next, perform statistical analysis on video from the database through computed parameters. Overall, train, test, and validate the video for better QoS and QoE. Additionally, we have itemized other metrics used for evaluating the video quality/performance.
Performance Metrics in QoE
- Number of nodes
- I / P / B frame loss
- Standard Deviation in Jitter
- Overall Loss
- And many more
Overall, our technical teams with experts are here to help you in both research and development. And, we also have more current research topics of Networking Projects for Final Year academic scholars. So, make use of this chance to avail perfect research guidance for your PhD / MS study.